What Is Remote Patient Monitoring?
Often considered a long term of Remote Patient Monitoring is a method provided by healthcare providers to hospitals and doctors that can deliver their services to patients that includes the use of new advances in IT to collect patient data outside of traditional healthcare settings.
In easy terms, a remote patient monitoring system(RPM) is all about shifting a particular technology out of the old and traditional method, into another setting where the place people stay, where they work, and play every day such as a home. It’s all about using some new technology to make a bridge that helps to remove spaces between the old physical setting of healthcare.
Nowadays, in modern times, the majority of people of all age groups are influenced by mobile phones and tabs. So it has been widely used by people around the world today in their day to day activities, including seniors also. This remote patient monitoring system uses an exact technology that promotes the comfort of patients with also helping them to manage their health
Naturally, this comfort increases their engagement levels; and by increasing engagement, remote patient monitoring can help improve healthcare quality. While using this technology not only are patients engaged with their own health because of the comfort that is provided by RPM models, but doctors are getting to know their patients knowledge due to better equipment to understand and manage their patients’ health conditions, with a more particular and exact information of data that provides picture of the patients health conditions.
RPM Benefits to Patients:
- It helps patients by reducing travel costs and saves their time, requiring them to travel to the hospitals from home on monthly or weekly checkups.
- Patients are assured that someone is watching out for their health and well-being daily.
- Patients reported finding the technology easy to use.
- RPM is structured in such a way that it sends notifications and reminders to patients about their virtual visits with their concerned doctors.
- Best of patients who come under the category of seniors citizens.