Facebook notifications are great when you’re chatting with friends or want to know who’s admiring your holiday snaps, but can be very annoying when a throw-away comment you’ve made on someone else’s photo leads to a torrent of alerts as friends of friends add their own irrelevant remarks.
Social networking sites like Facebook demand your constant attention. As such, they require you to sign in to your respective browsers to have agreed to receive notifications. Google Chrome is by far the most preferred browser for computer users and it is no exception to this rule. That said, constant beeps and bell sounds can distract you from your work. If you want these notifications from Facebook not to bother you, it is best to have them disabled. Here’s how you can turn off or disable Facebook Notifications in Chrome.
Facebook notifications inform the users about any updates, any status or picture shared by their friends and many other activities by your friends, pages and groups. But many times, it irritates the user on seeing so many notifications. The user might want to know how to turn off notifications on Facebook? Here we will see steps to turn off Facebook notifications.
How to delete notifications on Facebook?
Many times, the user is fed up of so many notifications like notifications regarding to comments on a post shared by you. To remove these piled up notifications, see the methods discussed below for desktop and mobile.
Steps to delete Facebook notifications from desktop:
- Open your Facebook account.
- Click on the notification symbol displayed by bell in the upper right corner.
- Go to the notification that you want to delete and click on the three dots at the right corner of the notification.
- Click on “Remove this notification”
- You may also choose from the options like public groups or select the option to receive notifications only from friends. Dial Toll-Free: +1-866-558-4555.