Canadian permanent residency is the most preferred visa pathway for skilled professionals who want to live and work in Canada. However, to get the PR visa, applicants must fulfil the basic Canada PR requirements and obtain minimum CRS points under a number of Canada immigration streams, such as Express Entry System, Provincial Immigrant Nominee Program, Quebec Skilled Worker, etc.
However, to obtain the PR visa in Canada, you need to apply in any of the popular and point based Canada immigration programs, i.e. Express Entry system, QSWP, PNP, etc.
Eligibility Criteria to apply for Canada PR visa
To be eligible, you must:
Score 67 points out of 100 points in the CRS points calculator system based on six selection factors;
- Possess at least one year of full-time work experience in any of the occupations featuring on Skilled Occupation List of Canada as per the applicable National Occupational Classification system;
- Your work experience must also be categorized under the Skill Type 0 (Managerial Occupations), Skill Level A (Professional Occupations), or Skill Level B (Technical Occupations and Skilled Trades) within the meaning of the National Occupational Classification system;
- Score sufficient points in the English language proficiency test.
- Maintain enough settlement funds to be able to live comfortably in initial days in Canada; And,
- Undergo a successful character and medical assessment.
Eligibility criteria also varies from program to program or the visa category you are applying for. For example- if you are applying for Quebec immigration, then the eligibility requirements will be entirely different for multiple visa categories. The same goes with other PNPs, such as Nova Scotia, Manitoba immigration, SINP, etc.
Applicants applying for Canada immigration are evaluated using a number of factors. These factors are described as follows:
- Language skills;
- Work experience;
- Arranged employment;
- Adaptability factors;
What are the documents required for Canada Immigration?
- Copy of bank statements or other financial statements showcasing the required settlement funds to settle in Canada
- Copy of Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)
- Copies of your work experience, reference letters, qualifications, documents translation, etc., in favor of your application. Additionally, you must also provide educational degrees, certificates, diplomas, proof of identification, and other sponsor letters.
- copy of language test results
- Receipt of fee
- Other relevant copies depending on the visa category you are applying for.
Processing Time for Canada PR Visa
There is no specific timeline to acquire a permanent residency status in Canada. Your selection for the visa majorly depends on your eligibility factors, quality of your documents, in-time response, CRS score, etc. However, if everything is correct, you may expect to receive an ITA in about 4-6 months.
Score low in Canada PR requirements? Are you trying to immigrate to Canada for quite a long time? We will help you out. Just give us call or drop an email at email@example.com to get touch with our professional immigration consultants.